The CNRS is 80
IBPC celebrates the 80th anniversary of the creation of the CNRS
The Institute of Physico-Chemical Biology (IBPC), located in the heart of the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, was founded in 1927 by Jean Perrin and Baron Edmond de Rothschild and inaugurated on December 22, 1930.
The original and innovative structure of this institute is the original spark that served as a model for Jean Perrin for the creation of the CNRS in 1939.
2019 sees the celebration of the 80th anniversary of the CNRS and the Institute of Physico-Chemical Biology is helping to celebrate this anniversary. The flyer depicts the diffrent events.
- an exhibition on the birth of the CNRS and the life of the Institute from 1930 to the present-day on the rue Pierre and Marie Curie,
- Open Day on Saturday, April 13, 2019, in the morning for schools, and in the afternoon to the public from 2 pm to 5 pm (registration required),
- a lecture by Diane Dosso "A foreign scholar in the service of his peers, Louis Rapkine", Saturday, April 13, 2019 at 17:20 in the Edmond de Rothschild library (registration required).