Functional genomics platform
Recently set up at IBPC, the functional genomics platform puts its know-how at the service of the IBPC units and collaborates with the scientific community.
The functional genomics platform is also equipped with several apparatuses for gel/image processing and analysis, notably a Typhoon FLA9500 (GE), 2 Gel Docs (Biorad) and developer for autoradiograms (Curix), as well as a scintillation counter (Hidex) for processing radioactive samples
The objectives of the platform :
- Advise and train IBPC researchers for routine bioinformatics analyzes.
- Develop new analysis and visualization tools adapted to the latest technologies and users.
- Develop collaborative research projects with the different IBPC teams and research units.
- To bring together the institute's bioinformaticians and pool the many skills and resources in biological data analysis.
Thematic specificities and expertise
- NGS (genomic and transcriptomic), proteomic and quantitative proteomic analyses.
- Sequencing, assembly and annotation of bacterial and eukaryotic genomes.
- Metagenomics and functional annotation.
- Evolutionary biology.
- Visualization and supervised exploration of large collections of biological data.
- Alexandre MAES (IR UMR 8226)
Mail : Aleaxandre.Maes@ibpc.fr