The long-term objective of this theme is to provide a system-level view of photosynthesis, from genome dynamics to physiology and to predict the capacity of microalgae to cope with a changing environment. Wet lab experiments are enriched by molecular evolution, phylogeny, computational modelling and comparative genomics approaches, and by transcriptomics and proteomics data-mining.
The different projects are :
1. Evolution of photosynthesis-related molecular mechanisms
2. Origin of the control by epistasy of synthesis (CES) process
3. Evolution of gene repertoires and molecular evolution in photosynthetic organisms
4. Impact of telomere dynamics on Chlamydomonas cell growth
5. Characterization of the regulation networks controlling the diatom responses to light